Timothy James

Timothy James

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Evening Report,

Just checking in.
Timothy continues to improve. The powers that be say that if he keeps eating like he has they will take him off IV fluids. When they do that, if he continues to maintain the right levels, they will move him to the regular nursery. He already got an upgrade on his accommodations to what I would liken to a hamster cage. It looks weird, but they said they move babies that are not as critical to those to help maintain his temperature. He will still be on the antibiotics for the 10 days anticipated and have to be here, but there is marked improvements. Your prayers are so appreciated.

Jill arrived here in Burlington early this afternoon. Unfortunately, she was dehydrated and they needed blood and a new IV. That was not a pleasant experience for her at all. Finally got what they needed, but only after much chagrin. They are doing a CT scan on her leg to try to isolate where the strep infection is. Hopefully they will get her in a room soon. An editorial aside, I never have and still do not like Emergency Room environments. I realize they are going in multiple directions and deal with all sorts, but it seems they seems to house the most stressed and least nurturing of folks. This place seem to hold suit. I am so glad Timothy's crew have been 5-star! So, I guess focus prayers on Jill's care that they can nail this thing down.

I made the decision to stay one more night. (Thanks again to Bob and Trish) Grandparent reinforcements should arrive Tuesday evening. That is about it.

Have I thanked you for the prayers lately?

3 comments:

  1. prayers going up! I am hoping my cold finally goes away so I can stop in to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying...thanking God for working in Timothy's little body and continuing to pray for him and Jill. Give her a hug for us.

    ReplyDelete