Timothy James

Timothy James

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bittersweet Morning... Sunday, 10/9/11 11am.

Ps. 34:8 "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

This is the verse I was drawn to this morning. Not having any news yet form the overnight hours on either Jill or Timothy. I slept very well last night. (as did Jill) thanks for those prayers. My head is clearer, as much as possible with my brain!

So, why was drawn to this verse? It stands in stark difference to where I was, emotionally, last night. Verse 18 says, "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." I was feeling crushed last night. But, one thing I have learned is that when I am exhausted and lonely, the enemy begins to show me all the bad and overwhelm me with lies of "what if..."

However, after having gotten some rest, God began to remind me to remember that although things are not perfect, I have the goodness of God to enjoy. Yes, my wife and newborn son are in the hospital fighting infection. But, I am blessed because we have good hospitals that can treat them... the best in Vermont. Yes, I am separated from family, but we have been surrounded by folks that have loved us in tangible ways and I know that my girls are in good hands.

The context of this verse speaks of hard times, and yet David says to taste to see that God is good. When everything in me longs to plunge in and feast on God's goodness, knowing that like a kid waiting to sample cookies, he is able to stick his finger in the batter knowing that the goodness he longs for is around the corner. The truth is that my circumstances doesn't change God's goodness!

Ok, enough preaching. Here is the sweet report for this morning...
Timothy is doing so much better. I arrived and he was on his tummy with the hiccups. He had eaten (which is a good sign). He was holding his head up and rooting around like he was hungry for more. So, I got to hold and feed him. He was alert and looking around and he and daddy had a good time together, and he even burped good for daddy. Doctors are encouraged that he is responding well. Maybe in the next day or so they might move him out of ICU. Keep praying!

Jill, feels good, but cultures came back that she has some kind of Strep A, and they are going to need to do more tests. Therefore, they are moving her here to Burlington right now for tests and more antibiotics. She will be able, as far as we know, to see Timothy and feed him etc. which will be such a shot in the arm for her spirits. This is a bitter inconvenience not being released yet, but sweet that they will both be in the same place and we can get them together. I am encouraged with this. Her dr. said this is more of a precautionary move, although there could be some serious things going on. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. I am looking forward to seeing her again. Thank you for your continued prayers.

I will update more as we go along. Tasting God's goodness...

1 comment:

  1. Tony & Jill, you don't know me buy my husband & I are associational missionaries in Western Maryland. 17 1/2 years ago, our son was born with strep & spent the first 10 days of his life in NICU. It was so hard to leave the hospital without him & only be able to visit him once a day for those 10 days. But God saw us through & now he is a 5'11" senior in high school. Looking back now, those 10 days are just a blip on the radar screen, but at the time they seemed to drag on forever. Praying for God's healing for both Jill & Timothy & for continued rest & peace for Tony.

    ReplyDelete