Timothy James

Timothy James

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Living with the Right Perspective, Wednesday Morning, 10/12/11

It is hard to believe that tomorrow my newborn son will be one week old. So much has transpired in that long week. Living with the real fear that I could lose my wife and new son. Being 2000 miles from family and friends. And yet here I am again, enjoying another quiet morning at home with the Father and a mug of good coffee. I find myself in the position of reflection.

Yesterday was an amazing day of rejoicing over good news as things are ramping up to the end. With fresh eyes, I looked again at my pool of refreshing in Psalm 34, and the words relating to "perspective" began to stand out for me. I will share the first thing I noticed now and the other a little later today, God's perspective. I think this is probably the most important aspect of perspective that decades of walking with the Lord has given me because when you face these times, everyone is tempted to think that God is not watching. But, verse 15 says otherwise,

"The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous
and his ears toward their cry."

I was reminded this morning, that though I was so far from what was familiar and safe feeling, I was never far from the Lord's watch care. The word for "toward" speaks of imminency. Right there... constantly watching. Although I admittedly feared the loss of my precious ones, I still clung to the fact that God's eyes never left me. None of this was a surprise to Him. He promised in Matthew 28 that He was never going to leave me nor forsake me, and that remains true in my life to this day, despite the struggles of recent days and yesteryear.

My God is faithful to be here with me at all times. Have I always felt His nearness? No. Mostly that was because I lost my perspective, but God never lost His. What an amazing promise to cling to in these times.

Jill and Timothy settled into their first full night together since this all began. They now share a non-ICU room. Tim doesn't leave momma's side except to get his does of antibiotics. Doctors say all should be home on Friday morning. Grandparents arrived last night safely to help with the girls.

All the prayers that have been lifted up are now taking tangible form, and again, I say thank you. I look forward to an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment